Coronavirus information follows.
As an essential service, and a manufacturer of ethyl alcohol for hand sanitizer, Last Straw Distillery remains open to the public, with a few tweaks aimed at minimizing risks to our team and visitors:
1. Online orders for delivery by Canada Post are preferred.
2. The bottle shop is open for sales of both spirits and hand sanitizer, with “barrel side” service only. Email in your order (e-transfer preferred), and call us when you’ve arrived at the distillery. We will put it on the whisky barrel outside of our door for you when it’s ready. We ask only one customer at a time to pick up their orders, and all others wait in their cars or at least 2 metre spacing while we prepare your order.
2. We are suspending tours, workshops, and group events until further notice. Anyone who has booked a time with us, we will reschedule. If you’re on a Groupon with an expiry date, we will still honour the coupon after the expiry date.
3. We are following Health Canada’s recommendations, including hand washing for staff, and sanitizing high-touch surfaces like door handles and debit machines. Our tasting glassware is washed and dried at high heat before use.
4. We ask your help by staying away altogether if you are sick. So long as Canada Post continues deliveries, you can always order online.
We will post more information if the situation changes. We hope you have a safe and relaxing quarantine, and remember, free toilet paper with every order for mail delivery!
– Don, Ana, Brandon & Mike